Followers

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Happy Anniversary

Good evening folks, tonight I have a card to share with you that I'e made based on the challenge over at Make the Day Special blog. I love this store and since finding it I have become a regular customer.
Their challenge this month is this sketch...


and here's my card.


As you can see I followed the sketch closely. 
The decorative circle was made by stamping the Persian Motif's by wPlus9 and then heat embossing. I then water coloured the image and die cut my favourite section out.  The circle is surrounded on one side with some gorgeous small sequins I got on eBay. I filled each sequin with glossy accents to make them look like gems.The card was finished with an embossed section using a Sheena Douglass embossing folder a piece of red ribbon and an old happy anniversary stamp.
I would also like to enter my card into the Dazzling Diva Challenge which uses this photo for inspiration, from which I used the beautiful colours.



Boy am I tired today, I even fell alseep on my desk!! Roll on the 26th september when we get our new bed and then hopefully I'll sleep better.

So thats all for now,
Hugs
H xx

3 comments:

  1. Fab Card Hazel :) I love the altenew stamp beautiful colours.
    Thanks so much for joining us in our challnege.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous colours and just love the idea of using glossy accents over sequins.... They really do look like gems :) so glad you joined in with our sketch challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Hazel! I love the amount of details you've hidden here – and just like Jenny, I'm thrilled by your tip about adding glossy accents to sequins to make them appear like pearls. Priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little love,
Hugs
H xxx